10 things about our Student Showcase Intern, Joseph Tomsovic!
- Describe yourself in three words:
Witty, organized, and creative.
- Where were your interests while growing up?
My biggest hobby was doing art projects but I also kept myself busy by playing the flute and the piano. I tried all sorts of sports and stuck with tennis for a couple years but ended up quitting because I was not coordinated at all.
- Where do you go to school, and what are you studying?
I’m currently a senior at San Francisco State University, working towards getting my BS in Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Administration with an emphasis in Event Planning and Tourism.
- What is your favorite form or art?
It’s a tie between mixed media artwork and music.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I would love to go back to England. I love the culture and the rich history it has to offer people. If I had to choose somewhere I’ve never been before I would definitely go to Japan.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Working fashion-related events in LA.
- What is your favorite form of exercise?
Taking my three dogs to Fort Funston! It gives me a chance to get some fresh air at the beach and it gives my dogs a chance to run around.
- What do you think is your best personality trait and what is your worst?
I’m very giving, in regards to time and effort. As for a negative trait, sometimes I don’t realize how curt I can be when I’m talking to people.
- How did you hear about the Workshop?
I heard about the internship here at the Performing Arts Workshop from a teacher whose event planning class I had taken last spring. When people send her emails looking for volunteers or interns, she forwards them to people she thinks would be interested and suitable for the position.
- Finally, what are you most afraid of?
Spiders and clowns!