Meet Julian Gropp
1. Where did you grow up?
Garmisch, Germany (it’s a small resort in the Bavarian Alps)
2. What is your favorite art form?
Dance (breakdance, acrobatic dance, mostly all forms of dance)
3. What college did you attend and what did you study?
Stanford (BA in Economics)
4. Do you have a favorite quotation?
Can’t think of one
5. Any career highlights you’d like to share? What are you currently doing?
I worked at Lazard as an investment banking analyst in the technology mergers and acquisitions group for 2 years after graduating from Stanford. In the summer this year I joined KKR where I cover the Retail and Paper/Forest products industry sectors and focus on mostly public market investments.
6. If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would it be?
I love traveling (I spent time inbetween jobs in Korea, Singapore, China and Turkey) and would love to visit Japan next.
7. What inspired you to join the Workshop’s Board of Directors?
Giving back meaningfully, and its where my passion lies.
8. What are your hobbies?
Breakdance, sports, and reading.
9. What do you like to do on the weekend/in your time off?
I like to hike, meet up with friends, get out of the city, and travel.
10. Do you have a favorite book?
The Shadow of the Wind (Carlos Ruiz Zafon)