The Workshop recently had a long time friend and employee retire from our ranks. You can read about Cathy Worner and her contribution to the organization over her 26 years of service with us here.
Listen to our final movements here Time To Say Goodbye.
What song will you play at your retirement party?
- Karena, Program Director – “I need a Dollar” by Aloe Blacc, because at this rate, I’ll need one!
- Laurie, Institutional Giving Manager – Eta James “At Last”
- Anne, Program & Communications Manager – “Only a Fool Would Say That” by Steely Dan This song is a little weird, but I like a lot of the lines including “you’re younger than you realize” A good mantra for retirement. Otherwise, anything by Los Amigos Invisibles, because they know how to party. Or even “School’s Out for Summer” by Alice Cooper because we all need a little rock and roll in our lives.
- Larry, Program & Administrative Assistant – Another tie. “When I’m Gone” by Brenda Holloway and “You’ve Come a Long Way from St. Louis” by Marvin Gaye and Mary Wells
- Gary, Artistic Director – Mozart’s Requiem. I’m going to play the whole thing, but you should only stay for the first part.
- Jessica, Executive Director – “Dancing With Myself” If I had the chance I’d ask the world to dance.
- Ivy, Finance & Operations Manager – Time to Say Goodbye”
- Beverly, Individual Giving Manager – “First of Tha Month” Bone Thugs and Harmony