Ah, love. That thing that makes us do crazy things and feel kind of strange. It’s one of the strongest feelings we will experience in life. Many of the youth are teaching artists work with struggle when dealing with strong feelings. Often they don’t even know what it is they are feeling. Young people need an outlet to discover their strong emotions and a safe space to express them. That’s where the Workshop comes in. Our teaching artists are trained to help youth find their voice and put into words what they feel in their bodies and minds. They do this through poetry, theater and music. How do you express your strong feelings like Love? What song helps you put your feelings of Love into words? Listen to our version here. Best of Love
What is the best love song?
- Karena, Program Director – Bright Eyes “First Day of My Life”
- Laurie, Institutional Giving Manager – “Concrete & Clay” by Unit 4 + 2
- Anne, Program & Communications Manager – “Just an Old Fashioned Love Song” by Three Dog Night comes immediately to mind. But my new favorite is “Black & Gold” by Sam Sparro
- Larry, Program & Administrative Assistant – There’s a tie for this one. “Some of Your Lovin” by Dusty Springfield and “Whisper You Love Me Boy” by The Supremes
- Gary, Artistic Director – The Marriage of Figaro. There are some beautiful Arias.
- Jessica, Executive Director – “Two of Us” by The Beatles
- Ivy, Finance & Operations Manager – “What is Love” by Haddaway
- Beverly, Individual Giving Manager – “Here, There, Everywhere” by the Beatles