1) WHEREABOUTS: Born in Seattle, living in San Francisco; Global Citizen with a passport to imagiNATION
2) EXPERIENCE: Aisha Fukushima is a singer, educator, writer and self-proclaimed ‘RAPtivist’ (rap activist) hailing from Seattle, Washington. She has lived and engaged in hip hop scenes in France, Japan, Morocco, England, South Africa, Senegal, India and Denmark.
Leader of a global ‘RAPtivism’ (rap activism) project, Aisha works to raise awareness around the intersections between hip hop and social justice. Her RAPtivism work has been featured in publications such as Oprah Magazine, The Bangalore Mirror and HYPE Magazine (South Africa’s leading hip hop publication). To learn more, visit http://raptivism.org
[Extended Biography: http://sites.google.com/site/smcyouthconference/speakers]
3) ARTISTS I WISH I KNEW IN REAL LIFE: Nina Simone & Erykah Badu
4) ALBUMS I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT: The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill & Erykah Badu’s Baduizm
5) WHAT DO YOU MISS ABOUT YOUR HOMETOWN? Pike’s Place Market in Seattle, WA. It’s a historic landmark where the ocean cradles urban Pacific Northwest living. Year around, you’ll be greated by delicious smells, a wide variety local foods and a strong sense of community.
6) WHERE DO YOU GO ON YOUR DAY OFF? I like to visit the ocean and explore new places in the city on my bike. Going to a concert and hearing live music is always a bonus.
7) BEST FOOD TRUCK: Koja Kitchen
8) PERSONAL MANTRA: Think Big. Define your own success. Live with an attitude of gratitude.