Our indefatigable Executive Director opens up…
1) WHEREABOUTS: San Francisco (Hayes Valley)
2) EXPERIENCE: Organizer for the Harvard Union of Clerical & Technical Workers (HUCTW), Project Coordinator at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Gov’t, and at least 3 program positions at Performing Arts Workshop before becoming ED in 2011. Ed. M. in Education Policy & Management at Harvard Graduation School of Education; B.A. from Smith College. Currently a producer and writer/director/actor of sketch comedy with SF’s Pianofight Theater Company.
3) 2 ALBUMS YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT:
Jonathan Richman – Best of
Beatles – Revolver
3) ARTISTS YOU WISH YOU KNEW IN REAL LIFE: Barbara Stanwyck
4) FAVORITE BOOK TO BRING TO THE BEACH: The Group by Mary McCarthy
5) FAVORITE RESTAURANT: Outer Lands
6) BEST FOOD TRUCK: Liba Falafel
7) WHAT DO YOU MISS FROM YOUR HOMETOWN? Changing of the seasons, each season; real apple cider; apple cider donuts.
8) FASHION ICON: Is there another? Audrey Hepburn.
Additional Q: Best place to escape the heat on hot days in SF? Top of bernal heights.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
You might also enjoy reading Jess’ foreword in the 2011 Annual Report.